Fast Facts About Windermere, FL
Population of Orlando: 3,497
- Lakeland: 1hr 3min
- Tampa: 1hr 23min
- Orlando: 23min
- Orlando – 28min
Median income of Orlando (2020):
- Individual: $77,806
- Household: $125,000
County: Orange County
Type of location: Town
Why is Windermere a Nice Place to Live?
Windermere is a beautiful little town situated just outside of Orlando. It’s viewed as a highly desirable neighborhood due to its proximity to parks, amenities, and beautiful lakes. As a result, it’s easy to see why many love this community. Those living in Windermere love the beautiful scenery and quick access to trendy shopping, delicious restaurants, and fun outdoor activities.
Windermere offers high-level quality public schools for elementary through high school students within the Orange County School District. Its mission is to create enriching and diverse pathways that lead their students to success.
What is Windermere Known For?
Windermere is known for being a prime neighborhood in a fantastic location. With a higher budget comes gorgeous homes, a perfect location, and plenty of lakes. Exploring Windermere feels like a dream come true — you can quickly imagine living in a breathtaking house in a beautiful neighborhood here. Those living in Windermere love that the town is conveniently located behind the Magic Kingdom and home to views of nightly Disney fireworks.
What Are the Best Restaurants in Windermere?
Some of the top restaurants in and around Windermere with the highest-rated Google reviews include:
- BurgerFi, a stylish, eco-minded chain serving beef burgers, plus hot dogs, craft beer & wine.
- Dixie Cream Cafe, a bright cafe adorned with lively artwork serving American food like pancakes & sandwiches, plus cake.
- Yellow Dog Eats, an American joint serving BBQ, sandwiches & craft brews in a colorful, relaxed setting with a patio.
- Keke’s Breakfast Cafe, a local chain serving American breakfasts & comfort-food lunches in a modern diner with booth seating.
- Ellie Lou’s Brews & BBQ, a relaxed counter-serve providing traditional BBQ plates & sandwiches with familiar sides.