Fast Facts About Waterford Lakes, FL
Population of Orlando: 284,817
- Lakeland: 1hr 37min
- Tampa: 2hr
- Orlando: 46min
- Orlando – 59min
Median income of Orlando (2020):
- Individual: $34,033
- Household: $55,183
County: Orange County
Type of location: Suburban Development
Why is Waterford Lakes a Nice Place to Live?
A beautiful area situated not too far from Orlando, Waterford Lakes is a deed-restricted community of 25 subdivisions and over 3,000 homes on 840 acres near the intersection of State Road 50 and Alafaya Trail, and less than four miles from University of Central Florida. Those living in Waterford Lakes love that it is a growing area that also encompasses a myriad of housing developments and is home to trendy shopping, delicious restaurants, and fun outdoor activities.
Waterford Lakes offers high-level quality public schools for elementary through high school students within the Orange County School District. Its mission is to create enriching and diverse pathways that lead their students to success.
What is Waterford Lakes Known For?
Originally constructed over 30 years ago under a different name, Waterford Lakes isn’t quite a city, but due to its own stature and neighboring evolution, it’s blossoming closer to that scope every day. The center of Waterford Lakes is known as a sprawling, open-air shopping center that brings in shoppers from all over. Those living in Waterford Lakes enjoy a myriad of retailers and eateries surrounded by beautiful landscapes, fountains and lakes.
What Are the Best Restaurants in Waterford Lakes?
Some of the top restaurants in and around Waterford Lakes with the highest-rated Google reviews include:
- Manny’s Original Chophouse- Waterford Lakes, for steaks, barbecue & American pub grub dished out in a lively roadhouse-style tavern.
- Dora’s Pizza, a Bbright, strip-mall parlor offering pizza by the pie or slice plus homemade cheesecake.
- The Proper Pie Company, a specialty store stocked with British & Irish staples, including meat pies, cereals & fish ’n’ chips.
- Los Aceres, a pared-down joint doling out Cuban staples such as sandwiches, fries & fried plantains.
- Wayback Burgers, for made-to-order burgers & milkshakes fill out the menu at this quick-serve chain with retro decor.
To learn more about purchasing a home and living in Waterford Lakes, FL check out the median home price and inventory or call me at (407) 566-2555 to get immediate help.