Fast Facts About Thornton Park, FL
Population of Orlando: 284,817
- Lakeland: 1hr 4min
- Tampa: 1hr 28min
- Daytona Beach: 58min
Median income of Orlando (2020):
- Individual: $34,033
- Household: $55,183
County: Orange County
Type of location: Neighborhood
Why is Thornton Park a Nice Place to Live?
The Thornton Park district and neighborhood is nicely situated along the eastern side of Lake Eola Park. A trendy and upbeat area, those living in Thornton Park enjoy the wide range of restaurants, welcoming neighborhood bars, and indie shops tucked among various bungalows and condos.
Thornton Park is right around high-level quality public schools for elementary through high school students within the Orange County Public School District. Its mission is to create enriching and diverse pathways that lead their students to success.
What is Thornton Park Known For?
An integral part of one of Orlando’s Main Street Districts, the Thornton Park neighborhood is always home to celebrations or block parties in the works. Both residents and visitors alike enjoy the Art & Wine Walk, which occurs every second Thursday of the month. Ultimately, Thornton Park District is a colorful, walkable commercial district with a European vibe and a myriad of locally-owned specialty shops and eateries. Those living in Thornton Park enjoy Lake Eola Park, the Walt Disney Amphitheater, and the See Art Sculpture Collection.
What Are the Best Restaurants in Thornton Park?
Some of the top restaurants in and around Thornton Park with the highest-rated Google reviews include:
- Cavo’s Bar & Kitchen, a casual bar with sports on TV plating up wings, salads & sandwiches, plus draft beer & cocktails.
- The Falcon Bar & Gallery, a casual, dog-friendly bar serving craft beer & wine as well as hosting monthly themed art exhibits.
- Maxine’s On Shine, an imaginative eatery with regular live music, plus an eclectic comfort food menu & weekend brunch.
- Eola Wine Company, a cozy wine bar offers fine varietals by the glass, flight & bottle, plus light fare & patio seating.
- The Neighborhood Eatery, a Comfy counter-serve eatery prepping classic Korean meals, Asian-style sandwiches & American staples.
To learn more about purchasing a home and living in Thornton Park, FL check out the median home price and inventory or call me at (407) 566-2555 to get immediate help.