Fast Facts About Sanford, FL
- Lakeland: 1hr 23min
- Tampa: 1hr 57min
- Orlando: 31min
- Orlando – 33min
Median income (2020):
- Individual: $26,014
- Household: $52,664
County: Seminole County
Type of location: City
Why is Sanford a Nice Place to Live?
Situated between the main attractions of Orlando and the beautiful beaches of Daytona Beach, Sanford is a wonderful city boasting delicious restaurants, trendy shopping, and fun outdoor activities. It is located on the south shore of Lake Monroe and is home to charming historic buildings, a gorgeous waterfront, and a performing arts center. Those living in Sanford enjoy the slower pace of life and quality schools.
Sanford offers high-level quality public schools for elementary through high school students within the Seminole County Public School District. Its mission is to ensure that all students acquire the knowledge, skills, and attitudes to be productive citizens.
What is Sanford Known For?
Sanford is known for being one of Central Florida’s oldest incorporated cities and attracts both residents and visitors alike due to its brick-lined streets, tall oaks, breathtaking store-fronts and large, nineteenth-century Victorian homes. In addition, the center of downtown Sanford is home to Picturesque First Street, a lively and energetic destination. From the Auto Train to the Wayne Densch Performing Arts Center, those living in Sanford enjoy the endless activities to do in the city.
What Are the Best Restaurants in Sanford?
Some of the top restaurants in and around Sanford with the highest-rated Google reviews include:
- The District Eatery Tap & Barrel, a low-key restaurant offering comforting American grub plus ample beer taps, cocktails & wine.
- Hollerbach’s German Restaurant, a bright, friendly spot offering schnitzel, wurst & other German classics, plus beer & live music.
- The Tennessee Truffle, a relaxed eatery with a charming interior specializing in inventive, farm-to-table Southern fare.
- Henry’s Depot, for seafood, southern grub & pizza, plus cocktails, ice cream & more in a casual haunt with live music.
- Buster’s Bistro, a brewpub featuring Belgian beer & traditional bar bites in rustic-chic digs with outdoor dining.