Fast Facts About Oviedo, FL
- Lakeland: 1hr 30min
- Tampa: 1hr 45min
- Orlando: 30min
- Orlando – 26min
Median income (2020):
- Individual: $38,209
- Household: $98,922
County: Seminole County
Type of location: City
Why is Oviedo a Nice Place to Live?
Oviedo is known as one of the nicest suburbs of Orlando. Those living in Oviedo enjoy the quiet living outside of the city while having quick access to beaches and theme parks. Oviedo boasts friendly neighborhoods, natural beauty, family-friendly restaurants, and fun outdoor activities.
Oviedo offers high-level quality public schools for elementary through high school students within the Seminole County School District. Its mission is to ensure that all students acquire the knowledge, skills, and attitudes to be productive citizens.
What is Oviedo Known For?
Oviedo is known for its historic houses and buildings, as well as its chickens that move around the downtown area. Known for maintaining a rural feel, Oviedo has roots dating back to 1865 and settlers along Lake Jesup. Today, Oviedo is a growing city that is home to delicious restaurants, trendy shopping, and outdoor activities like airboat rides and a farmer’s market. Those living in Oviedo enjoy the wide variety of things to do in the city.
What Are the Best Restaurants in Oviedo?
Some of the top restaurants in and around Oviedo with the highest-rated Google reviews include:
- Townhouse Restaurant, for steaks, an old-school eatery featuring American & Greek classics all day, plus patio seating.
- Santorini Restaurant, an unassuming option for generous servings of classic Greek fare & weekend breakfast, plus beer & wine.
- Sushi Pop Restaurant, a Japanese restaurant & sushi bar boasts an innovative menu & contemporary design.
- Kimchi Korean Restaurant, for Korean barbecue & other classics paired with drinks in a homey, simply decorated dining room.
- Maple Street Biscuit Company, a casual cafe serving biscuit sandwiches & Southern sides for breakfast & lunch.
To learn more about purchasing a home and living in Oviedo, FL check out the median home price and inventory or call me at (407) 566-2555 to get immediate help.