Fast Facts About Mount Dora, FL
- Lakeland: 1hr 18min
- Tampa: 1hr 41min
- Orlando: 40min
- Orlando – 44min
Median income (2020):
- Individual: $34,642
- Household: $51,964
County: Lake County
Type of location: City
Why is Mount Dora a Nice Place to Live?
Mount Dora is a beautiful small town and a popular place to live. Recently ranked as Florida’s #1 small town to retire to by USA Today, Mount Dora boasts a central location, fun attractions and calming atmosphere. It offers beautiful views, a quaint town square, and unique shopping. Those living in Mount Dora enjoy the family-friendly entertainment and convenient lifestyle.
Mount Dora is close to high-level quality public schools for elementary through high school students within the Lake County Public School District. Its mission is to provide exceptional service; enhance and protect the quality of life for all Lake County citizens; facilitate a vibrant economy with an abundance of workforce opportunities; and exercise fiscal responsibility, while using innovative approaches and making well-planned decisions.
What is Mount Dora Known For?
Mount Dora is known for being a quaint town on the shore of Lake Dora, where the glistening Dora Lake is a beautiful attraction. The city is also home to breathtaking sunsets and the natural wonders of Florida. The area is free from busy streets and large buildings and rather complete with charming historical houses. Those living in Mount Dora enjoy the trendy local shops and restaurants.
What Are the Best Restaurants in Mount Dora?
Some of the top restaurants in and around Mount Dora with the highest-rated Google reviews include:
- 1921 Mount Dora, for celeb chef’s Florida-inspired cuisine in a 1921 house with rotating art from the Modernism Museum.
- The Goblin Market Restaurant & Lounge, an eclectic bistro offers an elevated menu from around the world in quaint digs with a courtyard.
- WAVE – Asian Bistro & Sushi, for fusion fare such as sushi burritos & donuts, create-your-own bento boxes & poke bowls plus beer.
- Cody’s On 4th, a cozy spot serving coffee & light fare for breakfast & lunch in warm digs with an outdoor patio.
- Highland Street Cafe, a cozy, down-to-earth American standby with checkered tablecloths offering a diner-style menu.
To learn more about purchasing a home and living in Mount Dora, FL check out the median home price and inventory or call me at (407) 566-2555 to get immediate help.