Fast Facts About Deltona, FL
Population (2020): 93,692
Airport: Orlando Sanford International Airport, 19.3 miles
Median Income (2020):
- Orlando, FL: 30 min Individual: $26,885
- Sanford, FL: 20 min Household: $56,760
- DeLand, FL: 20 min
County: Volusia County
Type of location: Planned residential community
Why is Deltona, FL a Nice Place to Live?
Living in Deltona, FL is perfect for homeowners who want a more rural setting than some of the neighboring cities. The area is mostly residential, perfect for families.
The city is on the north side of Lake Monroe giving residents easy access to the water, fishing, and water sports. It is also halfway between Daytona Beach and Orlando so residents are able to enjoy all the attractions in both locations.
What is Deltona, FL Known For?
Deltona, FL was originally known as Deltona Lakes and was established as a planned residential community. It is mostly a commuter town whose residents work in Orlando or Daytona Beach. Living in Deltona, FL puts you in the most populous city in the county.
While many cities in Florida have golf courses, Deltona, FL is home to a variety of courses perfect for golf enthusiasts. One such golf course, The Deltona Club, is known as the “Deltona Desert” because there aren’t any water features but there are a plethora of sandtraps.
Outdoor enthusiasts will enjoy the natural beauty of the area as displayed in their many parks, such as the Blue Spring State Park.
What Are the Best Restaurants in Deltona, FL?
Living in Deltona, FL lets you enjoy some of the best restaurants in the area. Some of the restaurants with the highest-rated Google reviews include:
- Lelo’s BBQ, for Latin and Caribbean tastes
- Cocky Rooster Cafe serves American food in a cafe setting
- Goodfella’s Pizzeria and Italian Restaurant, for American and Italian fare
- Bagel King, an American-style bakery specializing in bagels
- Sinatra’s L’Aldila Restaurant, a fusion restaurant, and bar
- Angelina’s Pizzeria, for Italian food and pizza
- Fire on the Bayou, serving Cajun and Creole dishes
- Texas Roadhouse, an American-style steakhouse
- El Coqui Bakery, a Spanish bakery
- Chick-fil-A, for quick bites
To learn more about purchasing a home in Deltona, FL, check out the media home price and inventory or call me at (407) 566-2555 to get immediate help.